Choctaw runner Clark French signs with Union University
Jason Peevyhouse
Editor, JP Productions Sports
Following a career in orange and white which saw him set
multiple school records in two different sports, Dyer County senior Clark
French will continue his cross country career at the next level as the runner
will take his talents to Union University this fall.
“I’m really excited,” French said following his signing ceremony
on Wednesday afternoon at Dyer County High School. “I’m just happy that I have
finally gotten this opportunity.
“I am ready to work hard for the next four years.”
French said the atmosphere around the school was a big
factor in his choosing to run for the Bulldogs.
“It’s the Christ-centered atmosphere at the school and also
how close the team is to each other, French added.
Dyer County Cross Country Coach Wendi Roberson praised French
for his work ethic during his four years as a Choctaw.
“There is not a single person who attends Dyer County High
School that has not witnessed Clark’s work ethic,” Roberson explained. “He has
ran every part of this school’s grounds and that hard work has paid off.
“Union is receiving the most dedicated and self-disciplined
athlete I have ever coached. It has been a pleasure to watch Clark grow and
become a successful runner. I can’t wait to see him excel at the next level at
Union.”
French holds the school record in the 5K with a time of
16:48:56. He also holds the school record in the two-mile with a time of 10:08
and also has a personal best of 4:51 in the one-mile run.
This upcoming week, French will compete to advance to the TSSAA
State Meet in the 3,200-meter run. French qualified for this past fall’s state
cross country meet.




Comments
Post a Comment