Dyersburg Middle’s Strayhorn named District Coach of the Year

 




Jason Peevyhouse

Editor, JP Productions Sports

After guiding her team to the TMSAA Class AA State Tournament for the second straight season, Dyersburg Middle School’s Shaunda Strayhorn has been named the TMSAA District 26AA Coach of the Year.

“I am excited about it,” Strayhorn admitted. “But, if I could trade winning state over getting coach of the year, I would.”

Strayhorn was quick to deflect the credit for the strong season from herself back towards her players.

“One thing about getting coach of the year, I can’t take all the credit,” she explained. “I feel like it was my team is the one who helped me reach this goal as well as my assistant coach.”

For Strayhorn, the ability to win that final game of the season is something she would trade for any award like this.

“I just wish that we could have won state for the girls,” Strayhorn added. “They really made coaching easy for me.”

Coverage of this story is brought to you by:

 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Local partnership to bring travel baseball tournaments to Dyersburg